The Intensive Class provides 7 hours of instructor-guided learning and practice to help you prepare for a natural birth. This is typically a one-day class. Most locations have a class maximum of 7 couples. The course content includes:
- The stages of labor and common maternal responses to these stages
- Deep relaxation techniques similar to HypnoBirthing®
- Basic breathing techniques (abdominal and patterned breathing) similar to Lamaze®
- Positions of comfort
- Non-medicinal options for pain management
- Common hospital procedures, including IVs and fetal monitoring
- How to communicate successfully with healthcare providers
- Possible interventions including medication for pain management, induction, forceps, and cesarean birth
This class is taught at various Atlanta-area locations. Specific locations are described beside the class listing on the registration page.
$175 ($50 deposit due with registration, applied towards course balance). All CCMethod courses are taught by independent affiliated educators who set their own class rates.
View the Atlanta-area Saturday Intensive Class Calendar *Browser will open in new window*
Click One of the buttons below to see course options.
Select course and click "Register Now."
Fill out the online registration form.
Submit $50 registration deposit through credit/debit card.
Receive confirmation and payment statement directly via email.
1. Online Supplementary Material
- When you register for a Confident Childbirth of Atlanta private class, you are automatically enrolled to access select Kopa Birth® downloads and videos to supplement the instruction you will receive in your group class.
- You will also receive offers to purchase discounted access to the online Kopa® Prenatal Bundle (including valuable resources such as the Partner Labor Guides, Meal Plans, & the Prenatal Fitness Program) that are exclusively available to those registered for a Kopa Birth® course.
2. Mediations & Imagery for Labor® Audio Downloads
Download 6 calming, birth-focused guided imagery meditations to help reinforce your class instruction on deep relaxation
3. Printed, 100+ page course manual
You will receive a printed, 100+ page course manual
Why do we offer the course for couples?
They don’t call it labor for nothing! Having a baby can be hard work, and it helps to have an extra set of hands. Whether or not you plan on bringing a doula to your birth, a partner is vital in helping you practice and implement the skills you will learn in the course.Your partner can be your husband, a family member, or a friend. Many women prefer their husband as a partner, and find that sharing the birth experience strengthens their relationship. Whoever you choose, it is best if the partner is consistent and plans to accompany you during labor.
We understand that work schedules and childcare conflicts might make it difficult for a partner to attend class with you. Don’t let this barrier keep you from attending–it’s OK to come alone. However, we recommend that you share your study material with your chosen birth partner on your own.