The 4-Week Course
The 4-Week childbirth course offers 12 hours of instructor-guided learning and practice to help you prepare for a natural birth. Most locations have a class maximum of 7 couples. The course content includes:
- The stages of labor and common maternal responses to these stages
- Deep relaxation techniques similar to HypnoBirthing®
- Breathing techniques (abdominal and patterned breathing) similar to Lamaze®
- Positions of comfort
- Non-medicinal options for pain management
- Common hospital procedures, including IVs and fetal monitoring
- How to communicate successfully with healthcare providers
- Birth plans
- Possible interventions including medication for pain management, induction, forceps, and cesarean birth
- Mock-labor class where couples practice applying their new skills amidst simulated contractions
Classes are taught at Atlanta Sport and Spine, located at 857 Collier Rd. Suite #1 Atlanta, GA.
$250+ (Price may vary per instructor. View your local instructor’s course schedule for specific prices.)
*Browser will open in new window*
How to Register
All Kopa Birth® classes are taught by trained, Kopa Birth® Independent Affiliated Instructors. They teach using the Kopa Birth® curriculum and resources.
To register, you will be directed to the website of your local Kopa Birth® Independent Instructor. Here you will view pricing, schedules, and register for your course. Most instructors require a course deposit.
1. Online Supplementary Material
- When you register for the 4-Week Course, you are automatically enrolled to access select Kopa Birth® downloads and videos to supplement the instruction you will receive in your group class.
- You will also receive offers to purchase discounted access to the online Kopa® Prenatal Bundle (including valuable resources such as the Partner Labor Guides, Meal Plans, & the Prenatal Fitness Program) that are exclusively available to those registered for a Kopa Birth® course.
2. Mediations & Imagery for Labor® Audio Downloads
Download 6 calming, birth-focused guided imagery meditations to help reinforce your class instruction on deep relaxation
3. Printed, 100+ page course manual
You will receive a printed, 100+ page course manual